Our principal activity is the provision of kitchen appliances and furniture to construction companies such as national and regional housebuilders and main contractors. In this context, any Personal Data handled by the Company will be managed on behalf of our clients acting as a Data Processor in order to fulfil our legal or contractual obligations.
On occasions where we may supply products and services direct to you, this will be in our role as the Data Controller.
In addition, as an employer, we may process your Personal Data in connection with any employment application. Please refer to our corporate governance page to access relevant recruitment policies and procedures.
2 How we collect your Personal Data
We collect Personal Data directly from you via our Websites, when we meet with you and via other communications between us when you make enquiries with us, or use our products and services; including:
- your name, home address(es), home and mobile telephone number(s), email address(es);
- information about your transactions with us;
- records of written and verbal communications between us either electronic or written.
3 How we use your Personal Data
We may use the information we collect about you in order to:
- provide you with our products and services;
- communicate with you by telephone, email, SMS, or post;
- meet our legal, regulatory and contractual obligations;
- ensure that any content on our websites is presented to you in the most effective manner for you, your requirements and your computer;
- provide and improve customer service and support;
- administer, monitor, support, improve and develop our websites to enhance their operation;
4 Sharing your Personal Data
We may share your Personal Data with third parties which provide services for us where necessary for the delivery of our products and services, for example:
- contractors who undertake work on our behalf;
- to the relevant warranty provider (e.g. product manufacturers) in order that they can discharge their legal obligation to administer the warranty provided to you as the user of the relevant product
In addition, there may be other third parties we may have occasion to share your personal Data with, including:
- law enforcement agencies or regulatory bodies where we are required to do so in order to comply with a regulatory or legal provision;
- our professional advisers.
5 Basis for using your Personal Data
Our use of your Personal Data as outlined above is subject to different legal bases for processing, including where necessary for:
The purposes of the performance of our contractual agreement with you or with our clients with whom you have provided such information.
Our legitimate interests, for example in managing and monitoring the operation of our websites, our service to you;
Compliance with a legal obligation, for example under data protection laws and making reports to regulatory authorities and to law enforcement agencies;
6 Web browser cookies
7 How long we will keep your Personal Data
We will retain your Personal Data for up to twelve years from the end of our relationship with you (unless required by law to retain it longer)).
8 Data Security
The information you supply to us will be managed securely in our data centres. We take reasonable technical and organisational measures to protect Personal Data in our possession from loss, misuse and unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
Details of our Information Control Policy is available on request at email@example.com
Unless you have opted out, we may contact you via email, SMS/text message or other electronic mail to inform you about other products or services provided by us that are similar to those that you have already agreed to, requested or enquired about.
You have the right at any time to ask us not to use your Personal Data for marketing purposes by notifying us using the contact details set out in the ‘Contacts’ section below.
10 Your rights
Your personal information is protected under data protection laws and you have a number of rights (see below) which you can seek to exercise. Please contact us in writing, by email or telephone using the details shown under ‘Contacts’ below if you wish to do so, or if you have any queries in relation to your rights. Please note these rights do not apply in all circumstances. We may need to verify your identity before we can respond to any request to exercise your rights. These are summarised as follows:
- Right of access – subject to certain exceptions, you have the right of access to your Personal Data that we hold.
- Right to rectify your personal information – If you discover that the information we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete, you have the right to have this information rectified (i.e. corrected).
- Right to be forgotten – You may ask us to delete information we hold about you in certain circumstances. This right is not absolute, and it may not be possible for us to delete the information we hold about you, for example, if we have an on-going contractual relationship or are required to retain information to comply with our legal obligations.
- Right to restriction of processing – In some cases you may have the right to have the processing of your personal information restricted. For example, where you contest the accuracy of your personal information, its use may be restricted until the accuracy is verified.
- Right to object to processing – You may object to the processing of your personal information when it is based upon our legitimate interests. You may also object to the processing of your personal information for the purposes of direct marketing and for the purposes of statistical analysis.
11 Policy Control & Compliance
We may edit or amend this Policy from time to time, the date of amendment being indicated at the end of this policy.
Definition of our processes and procedures to ensure control and compliance of these policies are detailed in internal DBD documentation, control and auditing of which is overseen by our Data Protection Officer.
If you have any questions about how we treat and protect your Personal Data and your privacy, if you have any comments, wish to seek to exercise any of your rights as outlined above, please use any of the following methods of contact.
Mail: Data Protection Officer, DBD Building, Boundary Park, Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire HP2 7GE
Telephone: 01442 205 800, quoting “Data Protection Enquiry”
This document was last updated 17-May-2018